28.09.2013 - 12:49
Right now, a good chunk of you are angry. Every year, around this time, this happens. The End of Summer / Beginning of Autumn Block always has shit like this happening, normally because the Admins haven't updated for a good amount of time, but this year is a tad different. In my time, it was usually just bullshit, assrage arguments about Name Changes, The Best (The Best), Retarded Children, and whatever the fuck else people had shoved up their ass on that particular day. But this year, it's a broad spectrum of things, leading me to believe it's a bit more serious (Or it's even more bullshit than before). Let's see what's on our plate:

• Mods/Admins abusing power / Not connected w/ community
  • Noobs/NewGen being shit-tier / No Competition
  • UN and other crap scenarios/maps outliving Classic maps and good scenarios/maps

First up, let's start with the whole Mods/Admins dilemma: You're all fucking psychopathic if you think this generation of Moderators is anything less than amazing. Let's recall some of the earlier mods: Gigglin, Specter, King Cow, and a bunch of others. Why were they cut? AFK erryday, not giving a shit, abuse of powers- you name it. This batch has lasted almost a year because it does it's job fucking well. Before 2012, there were only a handful of amazing Mods, one of them so great that he's now retired. Remember: Moderators are not trying to be your friends, they're trying to do their free job of keeping the community in-line and balanced. The only BS thing I can say that they do is Permabanning players- that should be up to the Admins. Not even Tunder3 or Roncho deserved that. Now, the situation with Admins is a tad different- They usually do a job great (They take forever on updates because they also manage other websites/games etc. They have a life, wouldn't you believe it?), but I've noticed that they've gotten rid of Dave in favor of..."Brendon". Reminds me of the bad Stepfather from everyone's Childhood. (MOM AMOK, WHY DID YOU LEAVE DAD FOR THIS ASSHOLE???), but besides that, they seem to be focusing on monetizing this game than anything. If I had any advice for them, it would be to take some risks, and hire a few part-time devs to start working on the game more. If they give us few amazing updates within a month that we've all wanted forever, than I'm sure we'd all thank them by purchasing some sexy-ass Prems, as well as spreading the word to all of our dorky and faggot friends/coworkers that "Hey, there's this awesome Strategy game you can play through your browser, go play it motherfucker", instead of hidding the fact that we all still stick around here after almost four years of slow-progressing updates and culturization.

Second on the list: NewGen fags and le NoComps. Alright, the whole argument about the NewGen is absurd. They play maps/scenarios because they are fun. They also happen to be younger or busier than the rest of us no-life, basement-dwelling fucktards. BUT, if you insist on blaming them alone for being horrid at the game, here's what needs to be done:

1. Make an amazing Tutorial, outlining all strategies (Maybe a challenge mode), tactics, units, upgrades, etc.
2. Utilize the "Adopt A Newb" and various Comp. ideas.
3. Give them incentive to continue playing (Daily SP challenges, trophies, Facebook bragging statuses, Titles, etc).

An amazing tut. would basically show them the ropes in a format that entices them to actually learn the shit. If they learn it here where they feel safe, they'll be more confident in a real game once they realize they're not horrible at the game. If we also have better Competitive options for them, and someway to let willing players be buddies with them, they'll feel even safer/have more fun/have more confidence with the game. If we give them incentive, they'll want to come back for even more.

Finally, the UN plague, and the shitty-map brigade. Yes, we realize most maps are shit. Yes, we realize the only good maps are either rehashes, are some version of WW2. Yes, we care. Yes, we are lazy and do not wish to devote months of time to making something amazing and fuzzy. Basically, if you want to kill UN- make a better roleplaying map that anyone can enjoy. I mean, some of the best maps look like shite but are actually fun, but then there's some that are just fucking horrible. Why not take those ideas (get permission first) and make them better? Or better yet, why not have team-based map projects? Sure, I could probably make an amazing map if I had 2 years of planning and development time, but I don't. But, we can shorten that to three months if 6 people can work on it together. Sort of Off-topic with the UN/Maps sit., but possibly implementing templates/more customization options (Change unit symbol to a custom one, new fonts, colour effects, screen effects, box colours, etc), and better tools (Paint brush, Paint bucket, better selects, layers, etc) would help eliminate the UN and shitmap problems entirely.

----

Now, go forth and spread this thread.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.09.2013 - 12:52
Ld. Dark Knight
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
A few UBB code errors whilst reading through this but overall, I'm glad someone isn't crying over "shit mods" or what have you. Good post, fully agree with you.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.09.2013 - 12:57
Γραμμένο από Guest, 28.09.2013 at 12:52

A few UBB code errors whilst reading through this but overall, I'm glad someone isn't crying over "shit mods" or what have you. Good post, fully agree with you.

+1
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.09.2013 - 12:59
Amen Joyeuse, you have summarized the situation perfectly. BACK WITH DAVE.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.09.2013 - 08:47
Seriously? I get 3 serious responses, the rest being pictures of Guillotines and revolution chants? Bumping for the sake of keeping the Revo threads down. Also, check this thread out: "Making Sense"
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.09.2013 - 13:46
 VRIL
Stay on topic, please. I deleted the off topic posts.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.09.2013 - 23:19
I agree completely. I am sick of these cry baby "AW is dieing" threads. Yeah the game has some issues and the mods and admins are doing a great job in my opinion. I have been a long time supporter and player of this game. Hell I buy protocoins that I don't need (when I can) just to show my apperciation. This is still an awsome game and it certainly isn't dieing.

In another point I do agree that permenantly banning someone should only be done by an Admin. If you don't like UN games don't play them. All in all great thread I am glad to see not everyone is looseing their mind.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
30.09.2013 - 07:47
AW is dying since it's creation according to some players, but I see a lot more activity nowadays and I'm here since january 2011.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
30.09.2013 - 07:54
Aw is dying cos no roncho
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα