Αρχικό Θέμα

Δημοσιεύθηκε από Meester, 27.12.2014 - 05:16
What do you think on the massive flood of trophies?

Personally I think trophies should be given out only in yearly approved tournaments instead of monthly/ half a year tournaments. The tournament should also have a minimum of 64 player(might change over time)?

Suggestions:

Γραμμένο από clovis1122, 27.12.2014 at 07:06

However if we divide the trophies in two on player's profile: The original ones for help the community stay outside, then it comes a part of tourney badge and community-tourney badge. This would cause less impact in the tourney hosted by other users, while will also make more noticeable those "official tourney".....
01.03.2015 - 09:14
Γραμμένο από Meester, 01.03.2015 at 08:50

Goblin proved my point. I'v already started giving out the new edition of fun/event trophies.. only person I can think of who achieved this goal is FSM.

Basically this required you to invite 5 players and aid them to rank 5

http://prntscr.com/6bcs2w @ OP
Admin proves my point
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 09:26
Γραμμένο από The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 09:14

Admin proves my point

What point?
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 09:31
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 09:26

Γραμμένο από The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 09:14

Admin proves my point

What point?

Are you forgetting this is a game, not real life and designed to be fun? It seems like you take this far to seriously. If trophies motivate people that they are willing to beg to have one and thus encourage activity then what is the problem? If a jpeg image means so much to people then why try and take it away? You don't take into account a large proportion of AtWar demographics are under 17, making them minors, which in my experience are best motivated through recognition, attention and award. There is no intrinsic value on these trophies and never has been, that will always be the same, they will always hold no value. I think the community and competitive players are fully aware of which trophies are deserved and relevant.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:02

Goblin proved my point. I'v already started giving out the new edition of fun/event trophies.. only person I can think of who achieved this goal is FSM.

Why you give topics to inactives players?

or actually why game doesn't implement those types of trophies automatically
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:12
Γραμμένο από The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 09:31

Are you forgetting this is a game, not real life and designed to be fun? It seems like you take this far to seriously. If trophies motivate people that they are willing to beg to have one and thus encourage activity then what is the problem? If a jpeg image means so much to people then why try and take it away? You don't take into account a large proportion of AtWar demographics are under 17, making them minors, which in my experience are best motivated through recognition, attention and award. There is no intrinsic value on these trophies and never has been, that will always be the same, they will always hold no value. I think the community and competitive players are fully aware of which trophies are deserved and relevant.

Are you forgetting this is a game? ...what kind of argument is that?

Designed to be fun ...yea play it and have fun. Trophies are for does who are competitive and awards i am pretty sure in the entire universe are given for achivements.

You wont nice jpg's? ...i recommend you start using pinterest.

People are motivated trough recognition and awards? ...so you want to motivate people by giving them shit for doing nothing, which motivates you to ....do nothing? And that motivates activity somehow?

What the fuck are you talking about? ...someone give this man an award for "being full of shit" please.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:32
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 10:12

Designed to be fun ...yea play it and have fun. Trophies are for does who are competitive and awards i am pretty sure in the entire universe are given for achivements.

People are motivated trough recognition and awards? ...so you want to motivate people by giving them shit for doing nothing, which motivates you to ....do nothing? And that motivates activity somehow?

What the fuck are talking about? ...someone give this man an award for "being full of shit" please. xD

Ribbons for everyone kids!!!

Goblin: Are you forgetting this is a game? ...what kind of argument is that?
Tsunami: Its a point I was making in relation to Meester saying that insignificant and irrelevant trophies are 'fun' and should be taken away. If you are going to quote, at least include what the quote is in reference to.

Goblin: You wont nice jpg's? ...i recommend you start using pinterest.
Your sentence makes no sense and even if it did, is off topic, stop trolling please. This is an irrelevant digression from the topic.

Goblin: Trophies are for does who are competitive and awards i am pretty sure in the entire universe are given for achivements.
Tsunami: Again your sentence makes no sense. I think I get your point though, why should you or any other mod decide who gets trophies and why? Where does it say this?

Goblin: People are motivated trough recognition and awards? ...so you want to motivate people by giving them shit for doing nothing, which motivates you to ....do nothing? And that motivates activity somehow?
Tsunami: Obviously you are taking this too seriously. Who really cares about trophies on a profile? If it gives a player some satisfaction from playing a game and encourages engagement then the consequences are only positive. Something which you really do not understand, apparently. I reiterate my earlier point, established payers understand the relevance of given trophies.

Goblin: What the fuck are talking about? ...someone give this man an award for "being full of shit" please. xD
Tsunami: Yes Goblin, very rational and mature. Also you don't seem to appreciate that children do play this game and shouldn't be exposed to your offensive language. I know I don't want my child reading that type of language.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:45

you took away my trophy which was my only reason to live
die
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:52
Γραμμένο από chill, 01.03.2015 at 10:45

die

Power struggle or ego trip perhaps?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:56
Γραμμένο από The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 10:52

die

it was my life....my love....now its gone....
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 10:58
Γραμμένο από chill, 01.03.2015 at 10:56

die

Son,
Where is our snow trophy? :_((((((
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:00
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 10:12

What the fuck are you talking about? ...someone give this man an award for "being full of shit" please.

Ne seri srbine, uzeli su mi snježnu pahuljicu trofej zbog tebe i tvojih sranja
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:01
Γραμμένο από Croat, 01.03.2015 at 10:58

Γραμμένο από chill, 01.03.2015 at 10:56

die

Son,
Where is our snow trophy? :_((((((

gone............forever.......evil meester took it away
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:04
Γραμμένο από The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 10:32

Goblin: Trophies are for does who are competitive and awards i am pretty sure in the entire universe are given for achivements.
Tsunami: Again your sentence makes no sense.

This didnt make sense to you? ... what???

Tsunami: Who cares about trophies in your profile?

Who are you to claim that people dont care about this?

...btw. i love when people's arguments become nothing more then personal fallacies ...already you are calling me a "troll" and a mod is on a "ego trip".

Fuck off.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:05
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 11:04

well I can see you care since you took a pic of your trophies and put them as your sig
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:10
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 11:08

Γραμμένο από chill, 01.03.2015 at 11:05

well I can see you care since you took a pic of your trophies and put them as your sig

Yes ...and take a good look at does trophies. See anything strange?

no
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:14
Σημείωση:
Γραμμένο από chill, 01.03.2015 at 11:10

Yes ...and take a good look at does trophies. See anything strange?

no

Yea i know you do ...you know i had the best "fun" trophy anyone ever had ...and i even earned that trophy by fighting.

...this is the last thing i will say.

I cant believe you people want trophies for not doing anything. ...i really actually cant believe it.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2015 - 11:16
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 01.03.2015 at 11:04

...btw. i love when people's arguments become nothing more then personal fallacies ...already you are calling me a "troll" and a mod is on a "ego trip".

Fuck off.

Correct, your sentence makes no sense at all.

Who are you to claim that people don't care about this?

What has other peoples profile got to do with anyone else?

I said you were trolling because that's exactly what you were doing ( digressing from the original topic, which by atWar terminology is defined as trolling), not turning it into some personal fallacy as you put it, as for the ego trip remark, I cannot understand any other reason. Seems very egotistical, petty and school playground to me.

If the issue means so much to certain players, then BrianRL is correct, there should be trophy categories.

Again more aggressive and offensive language, you should really be banned from the forums and muted with that form of language as you seem unable to express your opinion whilst maintaining a rational adult conversation in a polite and respectful manner, also defined as trolling.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 13:51
BUMP.

I've noticed many players have badge for hosting a tournament, and since mods are the ones who gives then... I'd like to ask, how is that legal to win a badge just for hosting a tournament?

The tournament badge should'be harder to earn.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 14:14
Γραμμένο από clovis1122, 18.06.2015 at 13:51

Badge should be earned by actually competing and winning.

You have a PhD in Afterwind ...enough said.

P.S. i worked my ass off for host trophy and it was approved by Ivan himself.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 14:30
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 18.06.2015 at 14:14

You have a PhD in Afterwind ...enough said.

Edited my post.

Γραμμένο από Goblin, 18.06.2015 at 14:14

P.S. i worked my ass off for host trophy and it was approved by Ivan himself.

And? How is that even fair?

Unless Ivan went to PM you saying "Please organize this tournament, I will give you guys badge if you do so" I don't see why you should earn a badge for hosting a tournament.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 15:12
Γραμμένο από clovis1122, 18.06.2015 at 14:30

And? How is that even fair?

Unless Ivan went to PM you saying "Please organize this tournament, I will give you guys badge if you do so" I don't see why you should earn a badge for host a tournament.

It took me a lot of frustration to connect all the duels from players profiles and calculate the elo, both seasonal and general won from each players that were assigned to me (seasonal wasn't shown since not all duels have fallen under it).

So don't assume how hard it was... but i have said before we even got the trophies that others will get jealous and complain, so as long as my trophy is concerned feel free to take it away.

This would be second ...no! third trophy i was fucked over for. TWO by YOU ...this one and seasonal elo one you gambling none punished asshole.
First one was my Slayer trophy which i did earn yet it was taken away from me and compared to fucking "drunk safari" among other useless trophies.

Oh wait... of course i never even had a trophy for being number 1 elo, twice ...it was a short reign of two or three weeks in total, but i believe Zone got one instantly and lost it few days later.

btw. i will send you a private message about your grammar error.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 15:51
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 18.06.2015 at 15:12

It took me a lot of frustration to connect all the duels from players profiles and calculate the elo, both seasonal and general won from each players that were assigned to me (seasonal wasn't shown since not all duels have fallen under it).

So don't assume how hard it was... but i have said before we even got the trophies that others will get jealous and complain, so as long as my trophy is concerned feel free to take it away.

I didn't asked you how hard it was.

If you take the responsibility of a tournament, you shouldn't expect to get an award back... Imagine if all the players who host tournaments did this, the tournament-related badge would be almost 25% (considering 4 trophies are awarded) of the tournament-related badge.

On the other hand, I can see how this would motivate players to host a tournament... but nvm, their only reward should be the community respect and or recognition for hosting a tournament... In my opinion.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 16:04
Γραμμένο από clovis1122, 18.06.2015 at 15:51

only reward should be the community respect and or recognition for hosting a tournament... In my opinion.

Yes, Croat got much respect... as i said take my trophy away, but i'm not speaking for others and neither i support their trophies being taken away.

I still demand that my Slayer trophy (as seen in my signature) be returned to me ...of course you wouldn't support, even tho i wanted to nominate you for PhD trophy day after you got one, i support Mauzer and top 3 getting CW trophy, seasonal winner to finally get their trophies and Waffel to finally get any trophy, bonker getting a trophy for hosting few tournaments that actually took effort like sunday tourney, multiskill tournaments...
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 16:13

I stand corrected.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 16:14
 Acquiesce (Επόπτης)
I agree with Clovis. Trophies should be awarded for participating in tournaments not hosting them.

This isn't to speak ill of Goblin or any others who give their time to host. I realize it's a huge expense of time and effort and they should be respected for that (we do have an official avenue for this though: POTS/Y).
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 16:40
I support trophies be handed out by mods/admins only. Tournaments should also be controlled by mods/admins... not by other players.

Cheers
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 16:56
Γραμμένο από theFuehrer, 18.06.2015 at 16:40

I support trophies be handed out by mods/admins only. Tournaments should also be controlled by mods/admins... not by other players.

Cheers

The tournament Idea would just limit the amount of tourneys that can be hosted... If someone wants to invest their time to host a tourney, there is no reason to stop them. If they are hosting a tourney odds are its not for the specific reason of getting a trophy
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 17:18
(deleted)
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
OK,yo make 64 players tourn and i will agree.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2015 - 19:33
Jordan-F
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Γραμμένο από Charlie Puth, 18.06.2015 at 17:18

OK,yo make 64 players tourn and i will agree.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
19.06.2015 - 05:28
This is something I have thought about for awhile now but just didn't have the time to do. I've removed the trophies for hosting the duel tournament and I am planning on writing an official set of rules for player hosted tournaments, including what is trophy worth and what is not. For now I guarantee there will be no more tournaments for hosting tournaments.

Also what do you think about the removal of top player by sp and the most elo player trophy? As its is I feel that trophies are only to show something on your profile that cannot be looked up easily and as anyone knows these two are very easy to look up.

Thoughts?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα