Δημοσκόπηση

Should duels be strictly 1v1 games?

Yes
No
Don't care

Σύνολο ψήφων: 244
24.04.2016 - 10:07
 Ivan (Διαχειριστής)
Currently it's possible to declare duels during regular games. Apparently, it's mostly being used to exploit lower ranks and it's been proposed that we remove this feature. So duels will be restricted to special 1v1 games, created as duels from the start. What do you think?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:36
 JF.
YES
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:36
Absolutely. The feature only servers to farm.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:37
Ivan non premium players wont be able to duel since they cant make duel games and can only declare duels unless it is changed so they can host duels too.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:37
Sure.
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:38
Ghost
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Yes
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 10:55
Allow non-premium players to make duels, and make it strictly 1v1.
Since lower ranks fall prey to exploiters using this in mid game with all China and Europe while convincing a low rank in Africa to duel.
OR
Players propose a duel when they have clearly won - which once again is just exploiting, this should have happened a long time ago.
----
Be Humble
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 13:54
I agree in removing it though like royal and darkmace said,you should let non-premium to make duels too.

I don't think it will harm anyone.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 14:32
Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 24.04.2016 at 13:54

I agree in removing it though like royal and darkmace said,you should let non-premium to make duels too.

If non-prem were to be able to make Duels for free, then, for the sake of consistency, they should also be able to become officer or leader in a clan to start CWs.

It's both or none for me.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 15:04
Yes.

Allow non premiums to make duel.

Also. Non premiums can start a duel ingame, why cant they start a normal duel.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
24.04.2016 - 17:04
Γραμμένο από clovis1122, 24.04.2016 at 14:32

Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 24.04.2016 at 13:54

If non-prem were to be able to make Duels for free, then, for the sake of consistency, they should also be able to become officer or leader in a clan to start CWs.

It's both or none for me.

Actually i proposed duel to be for those who have no-premium since they technicaly could duel but not from t1 or in a 1v1 mode where the other will know what is going on there.

While on officers and leaders there is no succh thing,just another premium feature to make you buy it.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 00:14
njab
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Ssolution for non-premiums is easy. Make it possible to be done only in 2 players game and not after t5 for example.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 02:17
Γραμμένο από Guest, 25.04.2016 at 00:14

Ssolution for non-premiums is easy. Make it possible to be done only in 2 players game and not after t5 for example.

Whats the difference?
The only difference is that whoever has the advantage he will propose duel and if the other accepts(more likely not to accept) he will lose elo for nothing.

My point is that in duels you should know what is going on,most ppl when they get challenged on a duel in a game they dont know what that means and just say no or yes,in most of the cases ppl who get the challenge are in a bad position in the game and will for sure lose.

But if they knew it from the start,and it was 1v1,then things would be different.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 03:13
njab
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 25.04.2016 at 02:17

But if they knew it from the start,and it was 1v1,then things would be different.

You clearly don't even bother to read. Make it only proposable 2nd or 3rd turn. There should be a warning statement when somebody proposes you a duel if you want to make it clear.

Annother addition to farming solutions may be restricting duels to R4+ and not R2+ as it is now.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 03:50
Γραμμένο από Guest, 25.04.2016 at 03:13

Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 25.04.2016 at 02:17

You clearly don't even bother to read. Make it only proposable 2nd or 3rd turn. There should be a warning statement when somebody proposes you a duel if you want to make it clear.

Annother addition to farming solutions may be restricting duels to R4+ and not R2+ as it is now.

One more time,whats the difference...if you are the host and have made the game so you can win a duel vs someone,but you see then situation doesnt fit you then you wont propose duel.
While if it was duel from the start both players would know what they play and what they might lose but there is no returning after starting the game.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 03:59
njab
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 25.04.2016 at 03:50

One more time,whats the difference...if you are the host and have made the game so you can win a duel vs someone,but you see then situation doesnt fit you then you wont propose duel.
While if it was duel from the start both players would know what they play and what they might lose but there is no returning after starting the game.

How about you talk with the other guy about making it a duel? And the other guy has right to not accept it, who cares.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
25.04.2016 - 04:04
Γραμμένο από Guest, 25.04.2016 at 03:59

Γραμμένο από Cold Case, 25.04.2016 at 03:50

How about you talk with the other guy about making it a duel? And the other guy has right to not accept it, who cares.

Why do that,inrllh dont see the difference.
If they gonna have to do that it is not different with starting duels at all.

So why take all that time to agree on duel?
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.04.2016 - 21:24
No
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.04.2016 - 21:37
Any plans on making duels available for casual players (that would involve, I suppose, a turn 0 (12, 24, or 48h) to allow both players to pick countries, thus allowing production on turn 1 for both players)?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.04.2016 - 07:48
Γραμμένο από Noir Brillant, 27.04.2016 at 21:37

Any plans on making duels available for casual players (that would involve, I suppose, a turn 0 (12, 24, or 48h) to allow both players to pick countries, thus allowing production on turn 1 for both players)?

you can duel on casual no? Im playing one at the moment.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.04.2016 - 12:34
Γραμμένο από Permamuted, 28.04.2016 at 07:48

Γραμμένο από Noir Brillant, 27.04.2016 at 21:37

you can duel on casual no? Im playing one at the moment.

I agree with you - it can be done, if two players meet online. But some casual players do not approach AtWar the same way quick game players do. They play casual games, because they do not want restrictions on when they go online. The extra effort to meet with the Japanese player during the morning routine with the kids in Canada is not something they want to do. But for quick game players, I understand that this effort seems trivial, if not nonexistent.

For games with more than 2 players, since it is virtually impossible to wait in the lobby and start a game while all the players are online, games can be started by the host, and other players can join later. This non-simultaneous start has many unfortunate (and mild) consequences:
- it prevents all players apart from the host from reinforcing on turn one;
- the "General: Rally the Troops" upgrade works only for the host;
- the balance of the maps is changed: there is an extra income turn before reinforcement, scenario events of turn 1 are skipped, ...

For duels, those casual players don't even have the option of starting the game on their own, and wait for another player to join. That technical possibility is simply not there.

SO, the point of my previous comment was:
1- it would be neat if duels with non-simultaneous start could be allowed, and;
2- if ever something is done, I was hoping it would address the above mentioned consequences of non-simultaneous starts, to avoid penalties in the context of competitive duels (which a turn 0 would do, as mentioned in my previous post).

In conclusion, I have to admit that this might not be the issue with the highest priority on the developers' list. But I thought it was worth mentioning.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
03.05.2016 - 04:47
Soldier001
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
What about 2v2 duels ?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.10.2019 - 11:28
NOOOOO!
----
The best video game in history is......
(fortnite)

Grapes
Strawberries
Chicken
Noodles
Schnitzel
Beer
Orange
Fish
Chips
Beans
Coleslaw
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
31.10.2019 - 13:25
Γραμμένο από Apoc., 27.10.2019 at 11:28

NOOOOO!

Nice necro. Nonetheless however, 2v2 and 3v3 duels would be a welcome addition nowadays imo. I don't duel simply because I'm not suited for 1v1s and find no enjoyment in them, however team games are quite fun for me. All you would really need to do is average the ELO of either team and use that as a singular metric to generate positive and negative ELO afterwards, if you want to do this simply. The better, more complicated variant would involve tracking which players (X) you capped/defeated in a Team Duel, and then doing a comparison check between yours and your opponents singularly to generate extra ELO on top of the aforementioned variant.

This would make 3v3s srs business imo, which would be very welcome for those of us who want to 3v3 with friends in other clans, or don't want to clan war, or just want a personal measurable ELO based on 3v3 performance.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.01.2020 - 17:48
When this feature was removed, atWar tarted to lose a lot of players. Re-add it and see what happens
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.02.2020 - 15:01
umbrella2
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Message deleted by Nero. Reason: Unleashed
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.02.2020 - 16:14
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: unleashed
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.03.2020 - 10:42
Unleashed revived forums, I can also.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.09.2020 - 09:41
I dislike that if someone wants to accept a duel on a normal game he should be able
----
http://prntscr.com/omka79
http://prntscr.com/n1ymiv
Tacent quibbus Italia noverca est
Lirbur: therapy for england claims of superiority
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyvoWzq3EM
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8tP9wu2W0
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα