02.02.2011 - 01:06
I was playing against a new opponent xoin00 and i was having fun because his defense line were seemingly off enough so that i could use the "jump" move. but then he shifted his defense lines enough so that the jump move almost worked but didn't, but then i noticed that his gap was wide enough to slip in. after i had done this a few times i started getting jumpy about my own defense lines so i tried to fix them. Lucky for me he didn't ever probe mine for weaknesses. Anyway it's hard to tell whether your defense lines are going to protect your capitals or not. I propose we increase the length of the longest line you can make by some fraction of an inch. I believe one should only need 4 units to surround a capital. Also this would help defending cities like Athens where it's almost plausible to defend but just not.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
02.02.2011 - 01:08
It would be easier if you could connect two together thus eliminating the gap and this problem all together. Thats just my opinion tho, I support this as well.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
02.02.2011 - 01:16
Well its not just that (though i support your idea too!) but if they were longer u could place tem farther from the city eleminating the "jump" problem.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
02.02.2011 - 02:14
And if they were longer it'd be easier to defend certain places as well like spain's border, or saudi's or texas'.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.02.2011 - 00:44
So there still needs to be a change of some type. I was wondering if it was posible to cancel a defence line. Now I know this seems arbitrary but assuming you could do this you could control where your defence lines were placed. This would allow people to build multipe defence lines without overlap and with less units.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.02.2011 - 09:33
I think the problem with defense lines is people always use 4 units. If you use 5 there are no cracks and you can usually make them further away from your city.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.02.2011 - 09:39
Umm....

CIVILLIAN RESPONSE: What rules do you speak of? SO far ive seen NONE

I usualy have no problems with d-lines...lol
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.02.2011 - 03:39
I've done some advanced tests with Ironail on defence lines, and there are a lot of problems with them.(around cities I mean)
You never can trust them.

The five units are a good way, but aren't sure too.

Perhaps a bigger lenght could do it, 20% to 30% more could be a good start.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.02.2011 - 05:50
Ii have no problems with the lines, except connecting them, i have to place an extra unit so near to protect my cap.

One more thing, maybe we could click on the unit which we want to connect the new unit.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.02.2011 - 07:10
Reaper : Most players don't try to cross your lines, that's why you say they're ok.But play against Specter (or me) and you'll see that we try to cross them a lot.And when (if) we can cross them, it's never a good thing.

By the way, I don't think it's a priority in the things to solve, but if Yvan and Amok wanna try to give them 10% to 20% more lenght, it's worth the try (and the topic)
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
01.03.2011 - 16:10
I have played against specter, almost won... Almost,almost.....

u cant cross my lines XD
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.03.2011 - 23:43
Γραμμένο από Reaper 13, 01.03.2011 at 16:10

u cant cross my lines XD

What is almost?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.03.2011 - 05:41
Γραμμένο από MarcJr, 06.03.2011 at 23:43

Γραμμένο από Reaper 13, 01.03.2011 at 16:10

u cant cross my lines XD

What is almost?

Turn, i would have won, but i hurried and didnt check all his units :s
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.03.2011 - 07:30
Wow interesting game.. a PM is coming your way taking this conversation off line
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
13.04.2021 - 07:29
Γραμμένο από Fgw_wolf, 02.02.2011 at 02:14

And if they were longer it'd be easier to defend certain places as well like spain's border, or saudi's or texas'.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.04.2021 - 15:42
Γραμμένο από specter, 02.02.2011 at 01:06

I was playing against a new opponent xoin00 and i was having fun because his defense line were seemingly off enough so that i could use the "jump" move. but then he shifted his defense lines enough so that the jump move almost worked but didn't, but then i noticed that his gap was wide enough to slip in. after i had done this a few times i started getting jumpy about my own defense lines so i tried to fix them. Lucky for me he didn't ever probe mine for weaknesses. Anyway it's hard to tell whether your defense lines are going to protect your capitals or not. I propose we increase the length of the longest line you can make by some fraction of an inch. I believe one should only need 4 units to surround a capital. Also this would help defending cities like Athens where it's almost plausible to defend but just not.

Good idea, sometimes when you play nations like Greece (as specified) it is challenging to wall your capital. But just imagine playing as Panama
----
"A good leader is one that cares more about his people than his own ideas" - Josip Broz (Tito)
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα