Αρχικό Θέμα

Δημοσιεύθηκε από Witch-Doctor, 29.01.2019 - 03:13

Settings
Recommended Turns: 5 Minutes per turn.
Victory: Capture enemy country for 3 turns.
Max turn: 50.

Picks

United Kingdom
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist
Goal: • Hold Egypt and take over sub-Saharan Africa.
• Stall Germany's takeover of Europe.
Notes: Try not to lose Singapore, it has a lot of income.
Events: None

France
Recommended Strategy: Perfect Defense, Great Combinator, Hybrid Warfare, Imperialist, Iron Fist
Goal: • Play defensively initially.
•Once you get USA turn 13, kill Japan and recapture Europe.
Notes: Axis minor will get events in French Africa to represent the collapse of French government. Japan will get event in French Indochina. You will inevitably lose these countries.
Events: USA Turn 13.

British Raj
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist, Guerrilla Warfare, Perfect Defense (militia spam).
Goal: • Secure control of middle east initially.
• Fend off Japan starting turn 13.

British Dominions
Recommended Strategy: Blitzkrieg, Naval Commander, Sky Menace,
Goal: • Support war in Europe initially.
• Fight off Japan turn 13.
Notes: You are a long range support pick. Buy units with high ranges and support where needed the most.

China
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist, Perfect Defense, Hybrid Warfare
Goal: • Hold off Japan as best as you can.
• Push back Japan with the help of the allies once they join the war.
Notes: Walls, walls, walls.

USSR
Recommended Strategy: Perfect Defense, Great Combinator, Guerrilla Warfare, Hybrid Warfare, Imperialist
Goal: • Hold off Japan and Japanese Puppets in Eastern-Siberia.
• Take (purge) Russian cities before turn 13.
Notes: Prioritize getting all Russian cities before turn 13 so you get full country bonus.
Events: Moscow Turn 13.

Allies Minor
Recommended Strategy: Perfect Defense, Imperialist, Iron Fist
Goal: • Stall German attack into Poland, Scandinavia, and Benelux as best as you can.
• Expand in Brazil
• Retake Ivory Coast of Africa back from Axis using Brazil.
Notes: Try to cause as much damage to Germany as you can.

German Reich
Recommended Strategy: Great Combinator, Perfect Defense, Hybrid Warfare, Imperialist, Iron Fist.
Goal: • Capture Poland, Scandinavia, Benelux, France
• Attack Russia turn 13 and capture Moscow to eliminate Russian threat.
Notes: Try to take Poland and Denmark first because they are the easiest. Then go after Norway, Benelux, and France. You have to empty Eastern Poland to USSR if you take it. When attacking USSR, taking Kiev will significantly weaken USSR.
Events: ~50 event unit turn 9 near Koln to help kill France. Rommel event in Libya to help Italy.

Italy
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist
Goal: • Capture Southern-France, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Egypt.
• Hold onto Ethiopia.
• Take all of French Africa
Notes: Help Germany by pressuring southern France. Turn 8 you will receive event troops in French Africa and Madagascar to signify collapse of French Government and Vichy France joining the Axis.
Events: Events in French Africa and Madagascar.

Japan
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist, Perfect Defense
Goal: • Defeat China.
• When the allies join the war, try to take Singapore.
• Hold off British Raj and USA.
Notes: China will be creating many walls. It is important to keep wfing everything. China has difficulty defending more than 1 location in one turn and any country you take is devastating because the production is now yours. Wuhan, Shanxi, and Sichuan have 1 fort, buy some bombers to help kill them. Once the allies join the war, you cannot fight everybody at once, you need to pick a target and focus it down.
Events: T12 French Indochina event. Gains control of Indonesia turn 12, Siam turn 13. Pearl Harbor event t13.

Japanese Puppets (Manchukuo)
Recommended Strategy: Imperialist, Perfect Defense (militia spam), Guerrilla Warfare
Goal: • Attack USSR and take his countries.
• Assist Japan versus China
Notes: Most of USSR's reinforcement are far away making it easy to take his Siberian holding for extra reinforcement.

Axis Minor
Recommended Strategy: Perfect Defense, Imperialist, Great Combinator.
Goal: • Capture Yugoslavia and Serbia.
• Assist in Europe versus France, UK, and later versus USSR.
Notes: You are a support role, you should try to help where it is needed the most. If Germany is having difficulties with Poland, you should help him.

This scenario will be updated regularly for balance and I'm open to suggestions. Sascha, and Empirezz have collab access, if I'm away you can ask them to change stuff on the map. Please understand that due to the limitations of the mapmaker and scenario maker, certain corners had to be cut in order to make a 1939 ww2 scenario work. Also i'm experiencing a synch bug where the scenario occasionally unpublishes itself. Clovis and Dave please reload maps. Bye have a beautiful time!
03.06.2019 - 19:36
1) Nevermind, Purge unit is ok, Soviet Union can take all cities before t13, unless really unlucky.

2) China can buy Liberty Ship after t13, but description says it is vessel only for France and Dominions. Maybe since France later gets USA and therefore the ship, China gets it as well because it gets USA just like France?

3) Testing China, i almost left after realizing there are no nukes... until i got them t25... While timing is 'realistic', it is pointless at this point in the game: by this time, Japan either left due to Axis losing other fronts, or conquered China and tripled his reinf (can defend Tokyo with more than 200-300 inf), 2 nukes won't make a difference, especially with 7 hp - and nukes are invented to make a difference.
Nukes can reach Tokyo turn 33, even worse for the Allies! And so i think Atom Bomb event must be given earlier, for example t17. That mean nukes will reach Tokyo t25, still too late, but way better than t33
Also, can you buff nukes a bit? 7hp is nothing, mere infantry 'stamina'. Maybe 25hp, i would like to test that. I don't want it OP, just enough to soften up Japanese stack before Americans rush in.

4) Can you fix the posiiton of Plymouth(UK) and Belgrade(Serbia), it kinda irks me heh. Unless the cities are intentionally displaced a bit for the sake of gameplay, which i'm not sure despite trying to figure out (in correlation to nearby cities).

5) Maybe adjust city populations (modern numbers or historical, though it will take you more time) (maybe even include surrounding population into the city for the sake of less damage during attack and/or higher reinf), and upload historical flags. For example i even uploaded (modern) city flags in my WW2, but now i'd just advise to upload national (WW2 historical) flags.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.06.2019 - 20:36
 Witch-Doctor (Επόπτης)
Γραμμένο από Guest, 04.06.2019 at 10:37

Not sure where to even start with the mistakes in this map, no wonder it's been a failure.

Thanks. Just don't play it then.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.06.2019 - 10:19
Γραμμένο από Witch-Doctor, 08.06.2019 at 20:36

Not sure where to even start with the mistakes in this map, no wonder it's been a failure.

very promising map considering state of editor, has a few flaws but its definitely better than other trash WWII out there.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.06.2019 - 12:53
Γραμμένο από lsilorien, 14.06.2019 at 10:19

very promising map considering state of editor, has a few flaws but its definitely better than other trash WWII out there.

>ultimate ww2
>trash

Gtfo
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.06.2019 - 15:51
Γραμμένο από Tundy, 14.06.2019 at 12:53

>ultimate ww2
>trash

Gtfo

'other' doesn't mean every btw learn english please .
Depends the version, the original without stupid infantry lanes yes.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
15.06.2019 - 05:56
Γραμμένο από lsilorien, 14.06.2019 at 15:51

Γραμμένο από Tundy, 14.06.2019 at 12:53

>ultimate ww2
>trash

Gtfo

'other' doesn't mean every btw learn english please .
Depends the version, the original without stupid infantry lanes yes.

"Dreamworld is a good competitive map, unlike other competitive maps in which players are only good because of memorisation. " If you thought europe then you are a fucking retard.

"Other" is such a specific word in this context because there is only two ww2s out there, those being one made by Aetius and one being ultimate ww2. So go ahead and specify what ww2 maps you meant by "other".
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
15.06.2019 - 17:00
Γραμμένο από Tundy, 15.06.2019 at 05:56

there is only two ww2s out there, those being one made by Aetius and one being ultimate ww2.

There's actually 3, mine, which is actually the closest to original WW2 after Tik-Tok added lanes, still somehow gets ignored with 1600 plays

Edit:
Nevermind mine is bugged, we tried yesterday and we get error. Thanks editor.

I proclaim WWII 1939-1945 to be rightful successor of my WW2, with all its rights and debts. WW2 is dead, long live WW2
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
17.06.2019 - 11:57
1) Add 'Winter' unit, 100 defence vs both pre-modern and modern units, place it in Siberian and Far East capitals (Novosibirisk & Yakutsk?), to prevent Japanese Puppets to conquer 12 million km^2
It is unrealistic for few thousand Japs and Chink loyalists to capture such vast area without focus, with weak infantry and light tanks (Japs ruled the waves, not clay), against harsh Russian winter, huge territory without many settlements and stretched supply lines. Maybe upload white flag or snow as picture, but Neutrality has it already, so maybe upload some snow or something.

2) Add Yugoslav Partisans as event for USSR t13 and onward (something like every 4 turns, few units added, maybe before reinf turn or on reinf turn). So they can wf Axis Minors, and try to recap Yugoslavia. It can be stealth (very low detection) or normal units, your choice. France also had resistance, though as not as fierce or proper like Yugoslavia, but it can help wf. Not sure what year/month they started, so can't advise which turn to put them in game. Stats like nerfed Marines maybe (if stealth).
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
17.06.2019 - 15:45
Γραμμένο από Skanderbeg, 17.06.2019 at 11:57

1) Add 'Winter' unit, 100 defence vs both pre-modern and modern units, place it in Siberian and Far East capitals (Novosibirisk & Yakutsk?), to prevent Japanese Puppets to conquer 12 million km^2
2) Add Yugoslav Partisans

I like the ideas, support
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
17.06.2019 - 18:48

It is unrealistic for few thousand Japs and Chink loyalists to capture such vast area without focus, with weak infantry and light tanks (Japs ruled the waves, not clay), against harsh Russian winter, huge territory without many settlements and stretched supply lines. Maybe upload white flag or snow as picture, but Neutrality has it already, so maybe upload some snow or something.

2) Add Yugoslav Partisans as event for USSR t13 and onward (something like every 4 turns, few units added, maybe before reinf turn or on reinf turn). So they can wf Axis Minors, and try to recap Yugoslavia. It can be stealth (very low detection) or normal units, your choice. France also had resistance, though as not as fierce or proper like Yugoslavia, but it can help wf. Not sure what year/month they started, so can't advise which turn to put them in game. Stats like nerfed Marines maybe (if stealth).

I agree with your winter suggestion, however I think it's pretty difficult for european axis for most people(for some reason) especially for those who start. I think how it is right now is okay and doesn't need to be changed unless the Yugoslav partisans are gonna either A) be small in numbers or B) Given to soviets as a small base(like in ultimate ww2, if that's the case, then sure). Also hopefully it's not gonna be given some strong fortification unit that's unnecessarily hard to destroy
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2019 - 02:50
 Witch-Doctor (Επόπτης)
I'm not sure how to include the french/yugoslav resistance without completely breaking the balance. If you're willing to suggest specific numbers etc.. I'll give it a try
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2019 - 12:16
EDIT: About British Raj,

300 troops early game, more than Germany, Russia, China and Japan (Great Powers)

India indeed had more population than the rest combined but it is very unrealistic for such a poor subcontinent to field massive armies. India was never a powerhouse for world wars. I think it should get reinf nerf: 1-3 reinf cities max(strategic cities 3 reinf, second important 2 reinf, the rest 1 reinf), not more. Because India is not supposed to swarm Siam and help China (in such quantity as portraited in older WW2s). The British just recruited them to hold the line, not steamroll Asia and half of Europe.

To make it more realistic, and harder, i advise Indian cities to be nerfed to 1-3 reinf, and move Raj capital to UK (Maybe behind London, or as far north in Scotland). It will compensate for Allies having more players (beside, no point for a colony to continue the war when mother country is destroyed).

Buying troops in India will/must represent colonial conscription by the occupation government, not national draft, therefore only few men from the pool of million war-able bodies.

Γραμμένο από Black Vortex, 17.06.2019 at 18:48

I agree with your winter suggestion, however I think it's pretty difficult for european axis for most people(for some reason) especially for those who start. I think how it is right now is okay and doesn't need to be changed unless the Yugoslav partisans are gonna either A) be small in numbers or B) Given to soviets as a small base(like in ultimate ww2, if that's the case, then sure). Also hopefully it's not gonna be given some strong fortification unit that's unnecessarily hard to destroy

No cities or forts for partisans, just few event troops.

Γραμμένο από Witch-Doctor, 18.06.2019 at 02:50

I'm not sure how to include the french/yugoslav resistance without completely breaking the balance. If you're willing to suggest specific numbers etc.. I'll give it a try

Unit name: Partisans
Stats: 6 att, 2 def, 2 crit, 7 hp, 6 range, stealth (marines)
Non-buildable; given as event to France and USSR players
Spawn in Yugoslavia and France T13, t17, t21 and so on until game ends (every reinf turn or turn before reinf)
Goal: help USSR and France wf, harass Axis homefront. It will slow down Axis Minors invasion of USSR, and the event will continunously challenge German grip on France (by wfing for US troops).
Numbers: historically Yugoslavia had more partisans, but for the game sake France should have more as following; 10 partisans spawn in Yugoslavia (why not individually to prevent axis tb and kill), 20 spawn in France, 4 stacks of 5 partisans.

Historically, Yugoslav Partisans grew stronger each month, starting with few thousands and ending with 800,000 army in 1945, so each 4 turns you can give more partisans to USSR on balkan, not same numbers. Something like: 5 partisans t13, 8 t17, 12 t21, 18 partisans t25, 26 t29 and so on. It will make pressure on Axis to kill USSR fast, and in return, it will help USSR conquer Balkan easier than Poland (like in real life).
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
18.06.2019 - 17:36
I suggest creating a second map/scenario solely for testing and trying out any drastic updates WD, so you don't fuck over map with a drastic update like Tik-Tok did with ultimate ww2
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
21.06.2019 - 12:42
1. Remove Recon Plane in t1, add it in turn 13, just like air trans

2. +2 or +3 or +4 range for CAS planes (close air strike planes/helicopters): currently it has 8 range like in standard map, that's 11 with DS (+3), still not enough to utilize in a war like WW2. But if you make it let's say 12 range, then with DS it becomes 15 range, like normal plane, and it can be perfectly utilized on the battlefield, thus making DS playable in WW2.
Before you say thats op, let me say that everyone can buy AA guns, and even move it with the army (same range), thus negating the effect of planes - unless they don't expect air attack by the enemy, but that is up to the players and strategy game.
This will force players to buy various troops, combine air and ground assaults, use different tactics, and make a step further from outdated inf stack.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.06.2019 - 20:10
Γραμμένο από The_Empirezz, 17.06.2019 at 15:45

What do you think adding another one to Great Steppe? (WD merged Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan)

It is hard to conquer vast desert and steppe like that, plus the people are fiercly free, kind of not realistic to capture 2 reinf Astana and boom, you rule 5 million km^2. Remember Basmachi Rebellion? 20 years resistance, literally proto-Afghanistan!
So Axis can roam the land, and capture towns, but not the Steppe capital.

Of course then the unit must be renamed, can't be called 'Winter', if placed in a desert. Maybe 'Russia'? Like there's USA unit to prevent Canada to allycap? Maybe 'Minorities'? xD
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.06.2019 - 09:19
 Witch-Doctor (Επόπτης)
Γραμμένο από Skanderbeg, 26.06.2019 at 20:10

Γραμμένο από The_Empirezz, 17.06.2019 at 15:45

What do you think adding another one to Great Steppe? (WD merged Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan)

It is hard to conquer vast desert and steppe like that, plus the people are fiercly free, kind of not realistic to capture 2 reinf Astana and boom, you rule 5 million km^2. Remember Basmachi Rebellion? 20 years resistance, literally proto-Afghanistan!
So Axis can roam the land, and capture towns, but not the Steppe capital.

Of course then the unit must be renamed, can't be called 'Winter', if placed in a desert. Maybe 'Russia'? Like there's USA unit to prevent Canada to allycap? Maybe 'Minorities'? xD

How loyal were the steppe to the ussr? I feel like they would be the first area to rebel out of all the ussr.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.06.2019 - 14:02
Γραμμένο από Witch-Doctor, 27.06.2019 at 09:19

How loyal were the steppe to the ussr? I feel like they would be the first area to rebel out of all the ussr.

Well, short history: they had good relations with Russian Empire until it decided to annex the region, then the hate started, it continued in USSR, until WW2. After WW2, USSR started to invest in the region and locals ended up being biggest supporters of USSR (1990 referendum shows 95% support).

But my point was not locals, that's secondary, primary reason is vast territory that is scarcely populated. Always hated how Siberia, Xinjiang and Amazon fail in 1 turn by just capping 2-4 reinf city. We are talking about millions and millions of square kilometers of unexplored nature.

Manchuria and Japan (even Reich) was never meant or intended to conquer Siberia & Far East (both are 6 million km^2), so i advise to add 100 def unit there (only capitals) to prevent conquering. If USSR lose, region remains neutral until the game end (i assume when player leave or die, his troops remain in the city?)

Great Steppe is also vast region, so maybe 100 def unit makes sense, it will prevent Axis to conquer it, and it will remain neutral until game ends, it's not that important anyway, Iran and Caucasus are way more important and they are already at war.

I mentioned Xinjiang and Amazon as example as well, maybe also 50-100 def unit there as event t9, to signify hardships enemy armies must endure to conquer it. I said t9 so Allies Minor have time to take it. But this is optional, Siberia & Far East is a must.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
28.07.2019 - 19:50
Rename Marines to Special Forces?

I know you copied them from standard map 2010, but marines are not stealth from what i know, they are naval infantry, which mean light and fast, something like shock troops. Special Forces in the other hand, are stealth, but stronger, hence more expensive. Of course that will ruin GW and MoS, so just compromise and rename, don't buff.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
02.08.2019 - 20:10
Please move UK capital to South Africa. So far I've never seen an UK hold until D-Day and maybe some winter events for USSR.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
13.05.2020 - 20:48

Why is Russia neutral and not USSR when you start this, I didn't understand that part when I tried the map the first time.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.05.2020 - 08:00
Γραμμένο από YWard, 13.05.2020 at 20:48

Why is Russia neutral and not USSR when you start this, I didn't understand that part when I tried the map the first time.

It's explained above, Axis cannot attack USSR until turn 13(as that's when 1941 starts) so in the meantime Russia focus's on collecting all of it's cities in time for the event. I suppose in simple terms it gives Russia something to do rather than just sitting there. Allies minor does something similar with it collecting all regions of Brazil as it loses it's European holdings to the Axis.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.05.2020 - 11:00
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 14.05.2020 at 08:00

Γραμμένο από YWard, 13.05.2020 at 20:48

It's explained above, Axis cannot attack USSR until turn 13(as that's when 1941 starts) so in the meantime Russia focus's on collecting all of it's cities in time for the event. I suppose in simple terms it gives Russia something to do rather than just sitting there. Allies minor does something similar with it collecting all regions of Brazil as it loses it's European holdings to the Axis.

Oh okay makes sense now.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
04.10.2020 - 20:20
I am confused
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα