26.11.2020 - 05:41
Hi, my name is Waffel and I have a PhD in atWar

So, recently i've been doing some games, and I've noticed that alot of things, like the famous 'Nantes pass' is easier to perform on Mozilla Firefox than it is on other browsers, like Google Chrome. Over the years it has been said that Mozilla Firefox also gives you a slightly more advantage with range (due to zooming), than it does on other browsers.

Therefore I wonder, why is it possible to do all these things on Mozilla while its not possible to do on other browsers, such as Google Chrome?

(NB: There were rumors that it was also possible to put your NT in the swedish lakes, which has been dsabled for most of the browsers since html5. After real succesful research (thanks to JoeWarner, and Alex) I've come to the conclusion that its also not possible for Mozilla anymore, since the lakes are official land now, so no NT can succesfully get in there anymore).
----

Γραμμένο από Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 07:08
 Zoe
Hi, Dr. Zoe here also with an AtWar PhD. Mozilla has a different engine (Gecko) which is probably why it has better shortcuts and zooming than Chrome (Blink). I suggest using Blisk browser or Pale moon which have even better shortcuts and uses Goanna.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 08:49
Γραμμένο από Zoe, 26.11.2020 at 07:08

Hi, Dr. Zoe here also with an AtWar PhD. Mozilla has a different engine (Gecko) which is probably why it has better shortcuts and zooming than Chrome (Blink). I suggest using Blisk browser or Pale moon which have even better shortcuts and uses Goanna.

Hello fellow PhD'er, are you 100% sure it has nothing to do with Atwar coding/server?
----

Γραμμένο από Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 08:58
It's got something to do with Silverlight and Firefox having worked as much like the other
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 09:42
 Zoe
Γραμμένο από Waffel, 26.11.2020 at 08:49

Hello fellow PhD'er, are you 100% sure it has nothing to do with Atwar coding/server?

Probably does, but they are different browsers so it's normal to except different performances.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 12:37
Basically, different engines render visuals and take input differently. Because of the way Engines are built, there are going to be weird details that can make them better for one thing and worse for another.

In this case, the programming of atWar is sloppy enough(or maybe the shortcuts are on purpose) that more precise input will allow you to do more.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 19:53
Yes, firefox gives you op range. Even older browsers like Netscape and Mosiac give more range than firefox, allowing benelux turn 1 without gen as ukr (gc/lb) or rc with 7 tank 3 inf (gc/LB) without at or even rome t1 as germany with imp/lb. Of course using such browsers is unbearable due to the longer loading times, and at that point it is probably range abusing. :nerd:
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 20:44
 Witch-Doctor (Επόπτης)
Γραμμένο από Xenomega, 26.11.2020 at 19:53

Yes, firefox gives you op range. Even older browsers like Netscape and Mosiac give more range than firefox, allowing benelux turn 1 without gen as ukr (gc/lb) or rc with 7 tank 3 inf (gc/LB) without at or even rome t1 as germany with imp/lb

What the fuck are you talking about. You cant do any of those
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 20:54
Γραμμένο από Witch-Doctor, 26.11.2020 at 20:44

Γραμμένο από Xenomega, 26.11.2020 at 19:53

Yes, firefox gives you op range. Even older browsers like Netscape and Mosiac give more range than firefox, allowing benelux turn 1 without gen as ukr (gc/lb) or rc with 7 tank 3 inf (gc/LB) without at or even rome t1 as germany with imp/lb

What the fuck are you talking about. You cant do any of those

Not anymore, all of the browsers are no longer compatible with atwar.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 23:10
 Dave (Διαχειριστής)
Γραμμένο από Xenomega, 26.11.2020 at 20:54

I use Netscape Navigator 3.0. Everything on atWar works perfectly for me.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
26.11.2020 - 23:20
Γραμμένο από Dave, 26.11.2020 at 23:10

Γραμμένο από Xenomega, 26.11.2020 at 20:54

I use Netscape Navigator 3.0. Everything on atWar works perfectly for me.

I still have a much older version on my father's window's XP, the units take awhile to load and its laggy but it might just be the pc xd
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.11.2020 - 00:22

My experience agrees with the answer - after edge switched to using chromium, I became unable to do most of the shortcuts there.
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα