Αρχικό Θέμα

Δημοσιεύθηκε από PleaseMe, 05.08.2021 - 17:36
Need some feedback from the community. Feel free to post a reply and express your opinion.

Δημοσκόπηση

If it were to be split up how many sections would you like it to be?

I like India how it is now

Σύνολο ψήφων: 558
07.08.2021 - 02:24
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 06.08.2021 at 19:18

Truth is we are only asking because India adds a nice reinforcement bonus to any 50k game. So splitting India will slow down 50k games, but better balance all other game types which include 3k all the way to 15k starting funds. Also this creates more diversity in picks for Asia.

We understand that India is 8th on the list for biggest landmass but lets not forget that it is number 2 on the list for greatest population. If we did split it up we would balance it to rival China of course. The way the current map is made, anyone who picks Pakistan has immediate control of India and there is no contest until someone wins in east Asia. By removing India as a whole we give players more competition to fight over this part of the map more-so than they could before.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 02:26
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 06.08.2021 at 23:38

Be careful Raul, Mecoy already wants to literally add every single American state onto the map as is... you be giving him ideas.

You know me, I have all sort of ideas
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 02:30
Γραμμένο από Masterlock, 06.08.2021 at 11:46

Make it optional, expand the gameplay options!

I like this idea. Maybe have multiple versions of the same map so everyone's happy.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 05:13

Be careful Raul, Mecoy already wants to literally add every single American state onto the map as is... you be giving him ideas.

Cool, time to divide Spain into all its regions too!!
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 05:23
Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 02:24

Truth is we are only asking because India adds a nice reinforcement bonus to any 50k game. So splitting India will slow down 50k games, but better balance all other game types which include 3k all the way to 15k starting funds. Also this creates more diversity in picks for Asia.

We understand that India is 8th on the list for biggest landmass but lets not forget that it is number 2 on the list for greatest population. If we did split it up we would balance it to rival China of course. The way the current map is made, anyone who picks Pakistan has immediate control of India and there is no contest until someone wins in east Asia. By removing India as a whole we give players more competition to fight over this part of the map more-so than they could before.

You still haven't confirmed which are the variables you're considering to base your decision off. If you were to split India based on population numbers, China should be split even further, USA and Russia should have less regions and Canada and Australia should directly have none. As I said, be careful on what basis you're applying since it should affect the rest of the splitted countries too.

Dividing India will cause a direct 5 turn Civil War between two players, whose winner will become stronger than the Pakistan having to conquer every single city in India for the first 15 turns I believe. Anyway, no region of India would be worth as little as 3k or even 5k, probably.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 06:12
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 07.08.2021 at 05:23

Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 02:24

You still haven't confirmed which are the variables you're considering to base your decision off. If you were to split India based on population numbers, China should be split even further, USA and Russia should have less regions and Canada and

In our standard world map, reinforcements are based solely on population.
1 - 525k population = 1 reinforcement
525k - 875k population = 2 reinforcements
875k - 1.25 million population = 3 reinforcements
1.25 million - 1.575 million population = 4 reinforcements
1.575 million - 1.925 million population = 5 reinforcements
1.925 million - 2.275 million population = 6 reinforcements
2.275 million - 2.625 million population = 7 reinforcements
2.625 million+ population = 8 reinforcements

We've taken a step back from this. We don't like this because not every city is taken into account and it also ruins what we believe better balances the game. So yes you're correct that if India is split, this would call for China to be split as well. And you're 100% correct. This is something we are currently working on but we haven't gotten around to yet. We are focusing on one section of the world map at a time.

To answer your question though, we are doing our best to balance individual countries to closer match real life GDP and population. So for balancing purposes we do take into account AtWars current formula but we've decided to make minor tweaks based on what we believe balances smaller scale battles. So every city or country is "more or less" close to what the formula currently is. And once we finish balancing on a smaller scale, we begin to compare continents so that one continent isn't drastically more advantageous than another.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 06:18
Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 02:30

Γραμμένο από Masterlock, 06.08.2021 at 11:46

Make it optional, expand the gameplay options!

I like this idea. Maybe have multiple versions of the same map so everyone's happy.

Yeah! Just like that. Maybe have multiple checkboxes under map options tab while in the lobby to check if we want to have separated India or not and that could work for the other countries that could get separated/unified (idk but Russia, USA, China, Brazil, ...).
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 06:20
Γραμμένο από Masterlock, 07.08.2021 at 06:18

A simple option would be to have official presets for certain maps. So a world map preset with India as a whole could be possible.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 09:13
Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 06:12

In our standard world map, reinforcements are based solely on population.
1 - 525k population = 1 reinforcement
525k - 875k population = 2 reinforcements
875k - 1.25 million population = 3 reinforcements
1.25 million - 1.575 million population = 4 reinforcements
1.575 million - 1.925 million population = 5 reinforcements
1.925 million - 2.275 million population = 6 reinforcements
2.275 million - 2.625 million population = 7 reinforcements
2.625 million+ population = 8 reinforcements

We've taken a step back from this. We don't like this because not every city is taken into account and it also ruins what we believe better balances the game. So yes you're correct that if India is split, this would call for China to be split as well. And you're 100% correct. This is something we are currently working on but we haven't gotten around to yet. We are focusing on one section of the world map at a time.

To answer your question though, we are doing our best to balance individual countries to closer match real life GDP and population. So for balancing purposes we do take into account AtWars current formula but we've decided to make minor tweaks based on what we believe balances smaller scale battles. So every city or country is "more or less" close to what the formula currently is. And once we finish balancing on a smaller scale, we begin to compare continents so that one continent isn't drastically more advantageous than another.

We should start from the fact that balance is subjected to what approach you apply. So, before asking or considering anything about India and the world map, give me the exact (or at least approximate) formula to your approach. What's more, there should be two formulas to what city reinforcements should be and how much a country should be split!

If you need a simple way on how to do it, firstly chose the variables you want to consider for your calculations: economy, country area, population, military strength, resources, etc. Once they are picked, give them value according to set ranges, just like the one about city reinforcements you wrote. Add all the values given to each variable, do the average and voila. You'll have a pretty reliable result which can be easily extrapolated. You should pick which variables you want to apply to city reinforcement numbers and which to pick for splitting countries.
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 13:38
LMFAO i thought u guys were talking about real life!

that being said, i think (kashmir punjab haryana himachal rajasthan) should be NW, (UP Bihar WB Jharkand Odisa Chatisghar Sikkim) should be North, (Gujarat MP Telangana Maharashtra) should be central, (TN, Kerala, AP, and Karnataka) should be South, and the 7 sisters should be NE
----
Man is something, that shall be overcome.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 18:28
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 07.08.2021 at 05:13

Cool, time to divide Spain into all its regions too!!

This is what RP maps are for maaaaan
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 18:32
Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 06:20

Please don't base everything solely on balancing, after all this isn't a "balanced" map, it's somewhat based around the real world or at least they tried as much in 2011. There are some changes you can make based on balancing that doesn't take away from that which is fine but don't do it for everything.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 18:56
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 07.08.2021 at 18:28

And they still managed to do that wrong. What an example!
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 21:03
Beign saying that since 2018
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
07.08.2021 - 21:06
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 07.08.2021 at 18:56

Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 07.08.2021 at 18:28

And they still managed to do that wrong. What an example!

It ain't easy making maps maaaaaan, cut map makers some slack! It doesn't help that 95% of RP maps are just clones of my old map I must admit... i didn't base much of it off of factual information I do apologise
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 08:11
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 07.08.2021 at 21:06

It ain't easy making maps maaaaaan, cut map makers some slack! It doesn't help that 95% of RP maps are just clones of my old map I must admit... i didn't base much of it off of factual information I do apologise

Well, I'm not gonna deny the obvious, not everyone is capable of doing maps, not to mention competent maps. But as you confirmed yourself, I yet have to see a well divided Spain in any map
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 10:50
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 08.08.2021 at 08:11

I'd make one but RP isn't the same anymore
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 13:25
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 08.08.2021 at 08:11

Well, I'm not gonna deny the obvious, not everyone is capable of doing maps, not to mention competent maps. But as you confirmed yourself, I yet have to see a well divided Spain in any map

I would divide anything for you babe
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 15:42
Why are you even discussing stuff that are not going to happen
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 17:16
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 08.08.2021 at 10:50

Wasn't that the whole intention by the community from the begining though? To sort of shift away from the illogical spam fest it was?
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 17:17
Γραμμένο από Bisexual, 08.08.2021 at 13:25

I would divide anything for you babe

Divide zero for me and I might just marry you out of excitement
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
08.08.2021 - 17:18
Γραμμένο από SyrianDevil, 08.08.2021 at 15:42

Why are you even discussing stuff that are not going to happen

Basically, cause Pleaseme pinged me here! So now he must pay the price and act accordingly.
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
09.08.2021 - 00:06
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 08.08.2021 at 17:16

Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 08.08.2021 at 10:50

Wasn't that the whole intention by the community from the begining though? To sort of shift away from the illogical spam fest it was?

Brother how could I see RP would become this? I was just a kid interested in geography and stuff maaaaaaaaaaaan
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
10.08.2021 - 02:19
Γραμμένο από PleaseMe, 07.08.2021 at 06:12

To answer your question though, we are doing our best to balance individual countries to closer match real life GDP and population.

Will it be based off of purchasing power parity? India's real life GDP is pretty high when looking at PPP, but is a bit low looking at nominal GDP. Basing India's new income off of PPP would be more realistic and would make India a decent power, so that players starting in China would not simply dominate players starting in India due to a large disparity in starting income.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
10.08.2021 - 19:20
Γραμμένο από Augustus Caesar, 09.08.2021 at 00:06

Brother how could I see RP would become this? I was just a kid interested in geography and stuff maaaaaaaaaaaan

Well, it's all your fault for not having informed yourself thoroughly on spanish geography and provinces... I bet that was the main reason for it's roguery and corruption.
----
We're all people.

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.08.2021 - 01:13
 Zoe
Γραμμένο από Artasmara, 07.08.2021 at 13:38

LMFAO i thought u guys were talking about real life!

that being said, i think (kashmir punjab haryana himachal rajasthan) should be NW, (UP Bihar WB Jharkand Odisa Chatisghar Sikkim) should be North, (Gujarat MP Telangana Maharashtra) should be central, (TN, Kerala, AP, and Karnataka) should be South, and the 7 sisters should be NE

ugulala bugulala
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.08.2021 - 02:30
Γραμμένο από RaulPB, 10.08.2021 at 19:20

Initially I had done every Spanish province besides the really tiny ones but I had to simplify it as back then RP wasn't a scenario so you had to expand like you would in competitive.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.08.2021 - 04:59
Smaller better
----
Throughout heaven and earth, i alone am the honored one
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.08.2021 - 08:11
I used to be ok with the idea of spliting India, but tbh, if India can have problems beating China, imagine how powerfull would China be if India was splitted up, it would be unbalanced.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.08.2021 - 14:21
I think it should be split into two. India is small and has a big population, but I have always thought it´s probably the most OP and strong pick on the map. We need to divide India, maybe into two separate countries. One capital in Delhi and maybe the second one in the East. It would add so much fun to the game in Asia. I say, go ahead and do it!
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα