10.10.2021 - 19:19
I have two ideas which would be useful and cool in my opinion.

First idea is about ally pinging warning or call it whatever. Idea is that it will be realtime notification for any player to put warning somewhere on the map that will be visible to allies.

For example I want to put warning marker to warn my allies that something is happening on that location or enemy just appeared there etc. We could have multiple different options/icons like: "warning", "move here", ... mapped on keys like: ctrl+q, ctrl+w or idk ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ...

That icon will show on minimap and also on map when you go to that location. Also some UI popup in some corner will appear with the text like "Masterlock (ally) pinged location as a warning". And perhaps if you click "location" camera will move automatically to that location. and you could see the warning there. This would work in realtime, just like I said and it would be shortcut for typing to ally something to look for. Sometimes people miss chat because they are focused but some corner popup with red color would be nice. Also, that notification would have time limit between so noone abuse it, or it can be disabled per player (I can disable someone elses notification and so can other players for mine notifications).

The other idea is about history of moves. If I can access the timeline of my moves (in the round that is currently played) I could see for example horizontal list of units (same like on map) with icon and number of it moving somewhere, and maybe I could go x there and just revert that, or go to that position on map.

edit: one extended idea, if I can have some "selection", like basic selection box and if I select an area, I would have displayed all my movements in that selected box/area and I will see timeline filtered with those.

I see people reconnecting and loosing time. It would be useful to have list of those movement actions. This shouldn't be too big UI element that could spoil the experience but maybe it can be toggled somewhere and be shown at the bottom of the screen or at the top under that navbar.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
10.10.2021 - 20:39
I think the notification wouldn't work because there is too much setup involved by dave, but i would imagine the ui for history of moves would be possible cuz it already exists and its stored on the browser. idk if its possible but maybe a concern would be that the user can edit the history of moves and change the position of their units to wherever they want by editing the localstorage.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.10.2021 - 05:37
Γραμμένο από vampire master V, 10.10.2021 at 20:39

I think the notification wouldn't work because there is too much setup involved by dave, but i would imagine the ui for history of moves would be possible cuz it already exists and its stored on the browser. idk if its possible but maybe a concern would be that the user can edit the history of moves and change the position of their units to wherever they want by editing the localstorage.

Yeah, I thought that the second idea could be implemented based on some current stuff.

Regarding the first idea, I'm not sure how is the current chat system implemented but could definitely use that kind of logic/technology. I don't see any barrier there but I don't know the setup of the project behind the scenes. The way I see it the sockets could work and the rest is connecting fancy graphic UI parts on the map/interface.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.10.2021 - 15:13
Γραμμένο από Masterlock, 11.10.2021 at 05:37

Γραμμένο από vampire master V, 10.10.2021 at 20:39

Yeah, I thought that the second idea could be implemented based on some current stuff.

Regarding the first idea, I'm not sure how is the current chat system implemented but could definitely use that kind of logic/technology. I don't see any barrier there but I don't know the setup of the project behind the scenes. The way I see it the sockets could work and the rest is connecting fancy graphic UI parts on the map/interface.

aye but with the old ass codebase dave prob gonna have a hard time with creating sockets
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα