10.02.2013 - 13:30
Preface

Very simple, this thread will serve to give titles to different game types. This is mainly for ELO duels or competitive matches such as 3v3 team games.
Similar to chess, the game titles will be according to funds, time and quantity of players. Take note that the other additional settings are of competitive class, meaning no rare units, 100 additional cities and capture player capital and hold it for 2 turns. I'm hoping this thread can be set as a "sticky topic" for referral purposes in the future. (Like Acqui's Afterwind Terminology thread) Enjoy!

Implementation Purpose

Make the following titles "automatic" presets. For example, with one click you can arrange any given game type by choosing one. (for instance, click "Bullet Match" and all the settings arrange themselves)

Bullet Match: 1 minute - 3000 funds - 25 or 50 turns
Very quick and rapid gameplay, mainly designed for 1v1 games.

Blitz Match: 2 minutes - 5000 funds - 25 or 50 turns
Relatively quick games with mediocre funds. Used mainly for Europe+ team games and 1v1s.

Serbian Classic: 3 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
Inspired from Empire SRB's anti-cancerous beliefs; a type to serve all games, but mainly europe+ games.

NOTE: members of empire srb, if you have better ideas for the title of this game type please mention it.

Standard Match: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
The current trend among games; a proportional mix of time and funds, which serves all game maps.

Power Match: 4 minutes - 15000 funds - 50 turns
Inspired from Zog, Cow and TopHats; a game type for competitive balance with enhanced and powerful
openings and expansions.

Fast SP (bullet): 1 minute - 3000/5000 funds - 10 turns
Extremely rapid gameplay for europe+ matches, which consists of racking up the most SP in comparison to the
other players, to be declared victorious.

Fast SP (Blitz): 2 minutes - 5000/1000 funds - 10 turns
Quick paced game type with more funds and additional time for a more efficient finishing. Strictly for europe+
matches.

Super Match: 4 minutes - 25000 funds - 50 turns
Underground style favoring the tactics of spamming and aggression with barely any income maintenance.

Richest Edition: 4 minutes - 50000 funds - 50 turns
Rare form of gameplay, mainly found in lower rank game types. Minimum income maintenance.

Continental 1v1 Classic: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 or 75 turns
Long range 1v1 battle which consists of both opponents choosing countries in different continents.

3v3 Team Game Standard: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
Current trend in the competitive community; combination of individualism, team play and balance.
Played in europe+.

3v3 Team Game Original: 3 or 4 minutes - 5000 funds - 50 turns
The previous trend in team games; faster paced with less funds whist in europe+.

Dynamic Duo Standard: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
Essentially the same as the 3v3 standard, except with only one ally. Played in europe+.

10v10 Madness: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
A true cluster of players with constant warfare from every extremity. Usually in europe+.

5v5 Eurasia Ultimate: 4 minutes - 10000 funds - 50 turns
A well balanced mix of funds, allies and land space for an efficient and entertaining gameplay.
Played in Eurasia.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
10.02.2013 - 21:49
You forgot "normal" people standars: 3 minutes - 15000 funds - 50 turns.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.02.2013 - 10:57
I never readed those terms during gameplay...
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.02.2013 - 12:41
Γραμμένο από Guest, 11.02.2013 at 11:39

It's not a topic, it's a referral index, which can possibly serve for automatic game types. For example, with one click you can arrange any given game type by choosing one. (for instance, click "Bullet Match" and all the settings arrange themselves)

And please, don't troll like a pathetic moron, you're just making yourself look bad.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.02.2013 - 13:57
Γραμμένο από Guest, 11.02.2013 at 13:27

Great thread. Please put as sticky an if admins play to implement automatic game types use this thread as reference.
'AtWar standard' should be called 'Standard Match' though.

Thanks!

And will edit that.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.02.2013 - 06:51
Where's my standard? whole world, 3 minutes, 15k, 75 turns, 12 players? :c
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.02.2013 - 07:27
Great post... like the terminology and agree with Schach's "Standard Match".

The only problem is "automatization" of game setups with the proposed names... they are not user-friendly for those just arriving to AW, since the names (¡excellently given!) are not necessarily self-explaining. Most of the players would have to go back to the current system of game up-setting (map, 100+ or not, funds, number of players, teams, etc., etc., etc.)...

But yes, for experienced players (that have many games played, ¡not necessarily good players!) it would be a nice option to have a pull-down menu for standarized games. ¿Wouldn't it be something like picking from "standard scenarios"?

Cheers,
CD
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.02.2013 - 00:37
Really nice thread, good thought put into this. I'd put it into the Ideas forum and try to get it actually implemented into the game.

Since most of these terms aren't widely used (yet!) it wouldn't make sense to sticky it unless it's put into the game, or until you can make it common AW language. Good luck doing so!

Although a good name actually knowing AW's past, some people may not understand 'Serbian Classic'. Maybe a name referencing the Beta days? Or just Classic Afterwind or something.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
05.10.2013 - 15:52
Γραμμένο από Mathdino, 14.02.2013 at 00:37

Really nice thread, good thought put into this. I'd put it into the Ideas forum and try to get it actually implemented into the game.

Since most of these terms aren't widely used (yet!) it wouldn't make sense to sticky it unless it's put into the game, or until you can make it common AW language. Good luck doing so!

Although a good name actually knowing AW's past, some people may not understand 'Serbian Classic'. Maybe a name referencing the Beta days? Or just Classic Afterwind or something.

The reason nobody is using these terms is because only an autist could first notice and eventually create a category for every time / duration / size / team settings.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
05.10.2013 - 16:59
Γραμμένο από Dr Lecter, 05.10.2013 at 15:52

Γραμμένο από Mathdino, 14.02.2013 at 00:37

The reason nobody is using these terms is because only an autist could first notice and eventually create a category for every time / duration / size / team settings.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
05.10.2013 - 22:10
OR, no one is using them because this hasn't been implemented yet! If I understand the idea well, the intention is not so much to create useful shortcuts, but rather to have a set of "standard" game formats to be used in competitive play. IMO, broadening the competitive play experience would be a good thing to do.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
05.10.2013 - 22:37
Γραμμένο από Grimm, 05.10.2013 at 22:10

OR, no one is using them because this hasn't been implemented yet! If I understand the idea well, the intention is not so much to create useful shortcuts, but rather to have a set of "standard" game formats to be used in competitive play. IMO, broadening the competitive play experience would be a good thing to do.

...This is isn't ideas & suggestions. And this isn't an idea. Tophats himself stated it was for reference.

I see no reason why it would be an idea anyway- this is basically just naming several different game types.

That would be like me making a new music genre because of song duration. hurr.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.10.2013 - 01:04
Γραμμένο από Guest, 06.10.2013 at 00:01

I stand by my statement that this topic sucks, and nobody will use these or care about them. So far I have been proven right.
So guys... :/ let this topic die!

Hopefully tophats won't insult me this time now that he is a kind mod.

Bullet Match: Very quick and rapid gameplay, mainly designed for 1v1 games.

i will make this a official gameplay style
therefore your point is invalid
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.10.2013 - 01:32
I like the bullet match, i played it a couple of times its awesome. It pisses a lot of people off the one minute turns ; no time for walling!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.10.2013 - 03:28
Γραμμένο από The Tactician, 06.10.2013 at 01:32

I like the bullet match, i played it a couple of times its awesome. It pisses a lot of people off the one minute turns ; no time for walling!

If your tophats you can have a full Blitz Turkey expansion and have 40 seconds left over.
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα