12.03.2013 - 17:01
 KYBL
As we all know, the current system of defense lines are quite flawed and do not provide an advantage they could give. I have two ideas that can help make it better:

1. Harder to break - You need one stack of units in the wall to be destroyed before the wall breaks. Sending an infantry which dies immediately but breaks the wall anyways renders them pointless.

2. Choose who you wall with - Anyone who likes to make complex defense walls like me would know one major problem with them. The defense lines automatically connect to a certain unit rather than connect to the unit you want, and many people waste much time trying to work this out. My suggestion is that when you place two units, you have an option under the unit to make a defense line with it, and then connect the unit to whichever one you want (The ones which can be connected will flash and to connect them you click on the one you want it to connect to). This way, we can make more complex walls in less time and we can also make triangular/square walls which fully close.

Any ideas? Support?
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.03.2013 - 17:12
Support
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.03.2013 - 20:03
 KYBL
Γραμμένο από Goblin, 12.03.2013 at 17:30

1. Walls are in no way pointless.

2. With this you could make such complex walls, that i believe the game could become frustrating ...imagine creating several layers of walls around your capital city.

Im sorry i think the walls are fine.

1. I wasnt getting at that, I was saying that they could be more useful

2. This is the point. Make it harder to take a city, involves more strategy as to defensewise.
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.03.2013 - 20:25
I like one and might support two if there was some way to limit it.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.03.2013 - 22:21
Γραμμένο από KYBL, 12.03.2013 at 20:03

Γραμμένο από Goblin, 12.03.2013 at 17:30

1. Walls are in no way pointless.

2. With this you could make such complex walls, that i believe the game could become frustrating ...imagine creating several layers of walls around your capital city.

Im sorry i think the walls are fine.

1. I wasnt getting at that, I was saying that they could be more useful

2. This is the point. Make it harder to take a city, involves more strategy as to defensewise.

1.- yes, ineed walls are pointless, i hate when the walls get destroyed by 1 unit. support.
2.- its already possible to make walls of several layers, i always make walls of 2 layers, and if i have space i make up 6 layers, without counting the 3 unit walls for each city.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.03.2013 - 23:26
Γραμμένο από KYBL, 12.03.2013 at 17:01

As we all know, the current system of defense lines are quite flawed and do not provide an advantage they could give. I have two ideas that can help make it better:

1. Harder to break - You need one stack of units in the wall to be destroyed before the wall breaks. Sending an infantry which dies immediately but breaks the wall anyways renders them pointless.

2. Choose who you wall with - Anyone who likes to make complex defense walls like me would know one major problem with them. The defense lines automatically connect to a certain unit rather than connect to the unit you want, and many people waste much time trying to work this out. My suggestion is that when you place two units, you have an option under the unit to make a defense line with it, and then connect the unit to whichever one you want (The ones which can be connected will flash and to connect them you click on the one you want it to connect to). This way, we can make more complex walls in less time and we can also make triangular/square walls which fully close.

Any ideas? Support?

I like the idea of being able to specify which units you want to make a wall. It's so annoying when I have units trying to connect to the wall of a nearby city instead of where I want the wall.
----

[img]Picture[/img]
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
13.03.2013 - 09:02
Good idea
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.03.2013 - 04:27
No support its much better the way it is now. Making complex walls is not really needed and needing a stack to break a wall ruins the whole way you play some strategies like GW.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.03.2013 - 06:35
 VRIL
There is no intention to buff walls to encourage offensive play rather than turteling to the max.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
14.03.2013 - 13:16
I disagree with VRIl on this one, since I think that a good defensive tactic should also be valorized, specially because it give players in disadvantage a motivation to keep on fighting instead of simply leaving the game.

I've made a suggestion in the past about rethinking the concept of walls, including it's uses as an offensive tactic.

You can check it here.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
20.03.2013 - 15:23
I vote this UP !
----
www.facebook.com/GreenHavenOrg

http://thegreenhavenproject.org/
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.03.2013 - 15:31
Support
----
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
29.03.2013 - 20:34
I support
----
ALL is fair in love and war. SO GET USED TO IT!
You opinion is not recognized as being valid.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
23.09.2020 - 19:09
This is a really good idea.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.10.2020 - 16:07
Great ideas as long as they stay within reason. Really, walls do a pretty powerful thing right now -- slow down opponents. An extra round of movement can(IMO) make a lot of difference in a game.

They could be better, yes, but let's not make them too good. They're already really useful.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
27.10.2020 - 22:34
2013 .. how do you even find those threads
----
Meso
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα