06.07.2013 - 07:41

Article about arWar Radio by Safari 7/6/13

As you have all hopefully noticed we have a radio integrated into atWar. This is a pretty cool stuff and many people use it regularly. According to this new and popular feature i am going to write a few things.
I decided to write this article in an chronological order. So be exited of the history of the atWar Radio.

Teslas idea

In the middle of May tesla had a brilliant idea. He wanted to improve atWar in a way, atWar hasn't seen before. Our friend tesla wanted to introduce a radio station for the community. Therefore he started to search for a good service, where the radio could be hosted. He already knew a service, that is known in turkey and it looked really good. Unfortunally it was restricted only for turkey users. What meant that we couldn't use it.
After some searchings he finally found caster.fm, which we used to broadcast. At this moment we already had about 3-5 DJs taking care for the needs of the community.

Lets check out what tesla is saying about the radio:

[pr] ~Safari: tesla: hi dude. do you have a few min for ATN?
[pr] tesla: yes i have for you, always btw i m djing now
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: i know. and i also want to talk to you about the radio. First i would like to know how you get this idea?
[pr] tesla: oh radio. I always interested in with this idea indeed. I like listening music. So i thought if i create a radio then i can discover tons of new music with all aw comunity
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: have you ever thought that this radio stuff will get that popular by the community?
[pr] tesla: at the beginning, i didnt think that. As i said i just created radio for fun, I wanted to meet new people and musics from all over the word. But after created radio my minds changed
[pr] tesla: And it s really nice to see that players supports us.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: well not only players support you also the admins. Do you like the new in game features?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: Do you wish any further improvements for in-game features?
[pr] tesla: yes, Amok and Ivan really supported us. I wasn't sure about that at the beginning, but they always supported. I have to thank you Amok and Ivan. And yes i really like in game features
[pr] tesla: and i know that Amok is still working about radio. So he will improve radio more.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: nice good news. thanks for the info
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: so let us be exited
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: what do you say about the organisation of the whole radio stuff and the DJs. Do you think they do a good job?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: are you still looking for some new DJs?
[pr] tesla: Hmm, about organisation. Firstly I have to thank Hugo,LDK,Kona-Chan,Ezzatam and you indeed. You guys helped me a lot for beta stage. Dj's; yes they do good job, they spend their times...
[pr] tesla: for radio, they dont do just djing. For now we closed accepting dj for a while. But still looking for recruitment. Btw if players are interested in with djing, they can pm to KONA-CHAN.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: great. Last but not least i would like to know where do you see atWar Radio in 3 months?
[pr] tesla: oh lol that question
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: a small future vision from your point of view for the community
[pr] tesla: maybe 100 listeners for a program, would be real in 3months
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: cool. we will see if this will become reality
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: thx for your time and have fun djing
[pr] tesla: Thanks man, any request ?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: sure: I knew you were trouble - Taylor swift
[pr] tesla: haha will play soon

The first small fan groups

Well now we had caster.fm and although it was on a different page than atWar, some people came over and over again. Unfortunally caster.fm had a negative side effect as well. The global chat was very often abused for radio advertisements, so that many people started to complain about that. But the small group of people have been brave and stayed loyal to the atWar radio. Amok realised that and gave them their own atWar Radio forum, where they could organize things. Before that (and a bit now too) the atWar Radio team organizes everything via Skype. The atWar Radio also increased the atWar Skype community a lot.

On the 30th of May the forum got introduced and tesla already started to impress us by his engagement and organizing skills.

atWar helps

Well as i already told you, the global chat was very often abused and people haven't been a big fan of visiting a different site besides atWar. So Amok added the broadcast stuff into atWar (http://atwar-game.com/radio/), what helped to increase the number of listeners a bit. Btw ezzatam already included the same service into the atWar Database before. But Amok was already thinking about something better than that.

the Present

On 28th of June the Admins presented a new feature. The socalled in-game radio (http://atwar-game.com/events/news_comments.php?news_id=113). With this feature people can listen to the radio without any problems while playing atWar. It's just 2 Mouse Clicks away
The team and the listeners grew a lot. We also started to make the organization even more professional (thx to Hugosch and tesla) and now every member got a special role in the team. There are also special programs like the 'Anime Hour' or the 'Bollywood Hour', what i am very proud of.

According to that i also asked Amok a few small questions:

- What was your motivation to integrate the radio into atWar?
I think it's a really cool feature to have. I mean, what other game can brag about having its own radio station? Really enjoyed working on it, too, since it's so different from simply adding features to the game (learned quite a lot about Icecast/broadcasting in the process).

- Are you satisfied with the current state of the radio or are there still some improvements coming?
Yes, I am quite satisfied with what we have now. The radio page would need some improvements, but the in-game part is near complete. I may add some extra commands for making song requests, etc.

- Can the community prepare themself for any new features coming in the next time, if yes what features?
You can never be prepared! There probably won't be any major updates until the end of summer (admins need a break too!), but you'll certainly see some minor fixes/improvements.

- When is the next 'play with the admins' day?
We should definitely organise another one, just need to agree on a date when everyone's available.

Well i am looking forward to the next 'play with the admins' day already.

Currently the atWar Radio team got 16 members and we are still searching for good qualified members. If you want to apply please contact Kona-Chan

Please listen to the radio --> just click this button:

BTW Ask the player for this week is Safari. So ask some really funny, dirty, informative,... questions
(The ATN team got reorganised and we hope to bring you more and more news in the next time --> yeah we are not that lazy anymore)

Your Safari <3
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.07.2013 - 07:48
Ld. Dark Knight
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Nice read! 5/5

As for getting organised again, I can say that it was all down to my nagging <3

My question to Safari: Dammit why are you so popular and why do you like cats so much?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
06.07.2013 - 12:34
Sexy safari do it again *_* amazing ♥ ^_^

So safari you no stop hating rock songs ;_;
----

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.07.2013 - 15:07
Good artical !

Safari what is the best asian woman?
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
11.07.2013 - 15:23
How Many Gf's You Have Safari
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.07.2013 - 04:48
Did you understand one bit of terminal's crazy question?
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.07.2013 - 04:57
Γραμμένο από Dbacks, 12.07.2013 at 04:48

Did you understand one bit of terminal's crazy question?

yeah, oppa oppa strong.
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
12.07.2013 - 05:22
@Dbacks, please leave this matter to animefags.
@Terminal, Pettanko ofc :3

@Safari; What's your story on becoming a mod?
----

扶桑帝国のために
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
23.09.2013 - 17:55
Dance
Ο λογαριασμός διεγράφη
Γραμμένο από Safari, 06.07.2013 at 07:41

Article about arWar Radio by Safari 7/6/13

As you have all hopefully noticed we have a radio integrated into atWar. This is a pretty cool stuff and many people use it regularly. According to this new and popular feature i am going to write a few things.
I decided to write this article in an chronological order. So be exited of the history of the atWar Radio.

Teslas idea

In the middle of May tesla had a brilliant idea. He wanted to improve atWar in a way, atWar hasn't seen before. Our friend tesla wanted to introduce a radio station for the community. Therefore he started to search for a good service, where the radio could be hosted. He already knew a service, that is known in turkey and it looked really good. Unfortunally it was restricted only for turkey users. What meant that we couldn't use it.
After some searchings he finally found caster.fm, which we used to broadcast. At this moment we already had about 3-5 DJs taking care for the needs of the community.

Lets check out what tesla is saying about the radio:

[pr] ~Safari: tesla: hi dude. do you have a few min for ATN?
[pr] tesla: yes i have for you, always btw i m djing now
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: i know. and i also want to talk to you about the radio. First i would like to know how you get this idea?
[pr] tesla: oh radio. I always interested in with this idea indeed. I like listening music. So i thought if i create a radio then i can discover tons of new music with all aw comunity
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: have you ever thought that this radio stuff will get that popular by the community?
[pr] tesla: at the beginning, i didnt think that. As i said i just created radio for fun, I wanted to meet new people and musics from all over the word. But after created radio my minds changed
[pr] tesla: And it s really nice to see that players supports us.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: well not only players support you also the admins. Do you like the new in game features?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: Do you wish any further improvements for in-game features?
[pr] tesla: yes, Amok and Ivan really supported us. I wasn't sure about that at the beginning, but they always supported. I have to thank you Amok and Ivan. And yes i really like in game features
[pr] tesla: and i know that Amok is still working about radio. So he will improve radio more.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: nice good news. thanks for the info
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: so let us be exited
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: what do you say about the organisation of the whole radio stuff and the DJs. Do you think they do a good job?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: are you still looking for some new DJs?
[pr] tesla: Hmm, about organisation. Firstly I have to thank Hugo,LDK,Kona-Chan,Ezzatam and you indeed. You guys helped me a lot for beta stage. Dj's; yes they do good job, they spend their times...
[pr] tesla: for radio, they dont do just djing. For now we closed accepting dj for a while. But still looking for recruitment. Btw if players are interested in with djing, they can pm to KONA-CHAN.
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: great. Last but not least i would like to know where do you see atWar Radio in 3 months?
[pr] tesla: oh lol that question
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: a small future vision from your point of view for the community
[pr] tesla: maybe 100 listeners for a program, would be real in 3months
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: cool. we will see if this will become reality
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: thx for your time and have fun djing
[pr] tesla: Thanks man, any request ?
[pr] ~Safari: tesla: sure: I knew you were trouble - Taylor swift
[pr] tesla: haha will play soon

The first small fan groups

Well now we had caster.fm and although it was on a different page than atWar, some people came over and over again. Unfortunally caster.fm had a negative side effect as well. The global chat was very often abused for radio advertisements, so that many people started to complain about that. But the small group of people have been brave and stayed loyal to the atWar radio. Amok realised that and gave them their own atWar Radio forum, where they could organize things. Before that (and a bit now too) the atWar Radio team organizes everything via Skype. The atWar Radio also increased the atWar Skype community a lot.

On the 30th of May the forum got introduced and tesla already started to impress us by his engagement and organizing skills.

atWar helps

Well as i already told you, the global chat was very often abused and people haven't been a big fan of visiting a different site besides atWar. So Amok added the broadcast stuff into atWar (http://atwar-game.com/radio/), what helped to increase the number of listeners a bit. Btw ezzatam already included the same service into the atWar Database before. But Amok was already thinking about something better than that.

the Present

On 28th of June the Admins presented a new feature. The socalled in-game radio (http://atwar-game.com/events/news_comments.php?news_id=113). With this feature people can listen to the radio without any problems while playing atWar. It's just 2 Mouse Clicks away
The team and the listeners grew a lot. We also started to make the organization even more professional (thx to Hugosch and tesla) and now every member got a special role in the team. There are also special programs like the 'Anime Hour' or the 'Bollywood Hour', what i am very proud of.

According to that i also asked Amok a few small questions:

- What was your motivation to integrate the radio into atWar?
I think it's a really cool feature to have. I mean, what other game can brag about having its own radio station? Really enjoyed working on it, too, since it's so different from simply adding features to the game (learned quite a lot about Icecast/broadcasting in the process).

- Are you satisfied with the current state of the radio or are there still some improvements coming?
Yes, I am quite satisfied with what we have now. The radio page would need some improvements, but the in-game part is near complete. I may add some extra commands for making song requests, etc.

- Can the community prepare themself for any new features coming in the next time, if yes what features?
You can never be prepared! There probably won't be any major updates until the end of summer (admins need a break too!), but you'll certainly see some minor fixes/improvements.

- When is the next 'play with the admins' day?
We should definitely organise another one, just need to agree on a date when everyone's available.

Well i am looking forward to the next 'play with the admins' day already.

Currently the atWar Radio team got 16 members and we are still searching for good qualified members. If you want to apply please contact Kona-Chan

Please listen to the radio --> just click this button:

BTW Ask the player for this week is Safari. So ask some really funny, dirty, informative,... questions
(The ATN team got reorganised and we hope to bring you more and more news in the next time --> yeah we are not that lazy anymore)

Your Safari <3

my safari <3
Φόρτωση...
Φόρτωση...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Ιδιωτικότητα | Όροι χρήσης | Πανώ | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Ακολούθησέ μας στο

Διέδωσε τα νέα